|The solid lines indicate that the connection to the family is documented while|
the dotted lines indicate that direct evidence has not yet been found to
make the connection. Click on the family tree to see a larger image.
|No Story Too Small|
| A reconstructed model of the home and trading|
post erected in 1841 by Dallas founder,
John Neely Bryan.
- Mary Thompson was born about 1840 and appeared on the 1850, 1860, and 1870 census records with the Thompson family.
- William Thompson was born about 1842 and appeared on the 1850 and 1860 census records with the Thompson family.
- Lucinda Thompson was born in 1843, married Tom Newton, and is buried in the Old Gordon Cemetery in Palo Pinto County.
- Sarah Jane Thompson was born in 1846, married John Neely Bryan, Jr. and is buried in Riverside Cemetery in Wichita Falls, Texas.
- Robert W. Thompson was born in 1850 and married Sarah Elkins in Erath County. Robert, Sarah, and one child, Agnes are buried in the Bethel Cemetery in Erath County.
- Margaret Ellen Thompson was born in 1856 and married Samuel Anderson. She died in in Okfuskee County, Oklahoma and is buried in Highland Cemetery along with some of her children.
John A. Thompson married Mary A. Lowery on June 16, 1878. They had daughter Mahalia who married William Benjamin Smith in 1899. It is not known if Mary Lowery passed away or the marriage dissolved, but on August 28, 1884, John married Martha Elizabeth "Mattie" Hairston Chisum in Erath County.
John and Mattie had five children; Floyd William, Aaron Whitney, Edgar Richard, Jessie Mae, and Claud Clarence. Mattie also had three children from her previous marriage; Walter, Philip, and Stella Chisum. They lived in the Bethel Community where John died following a wagon accident that occurred while he was building a new home in 1899.
Ancestry.com. U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012. Original data: Find A Grave. Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi.
"Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records." Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Oct. 2014. <http://www.findagrave.com/>.
Year: 1850; Census Place: District 13, Henry, Tennessee; Roll: M432_884; Page: 361A; Image: 235.
Year: 1860; Census Place: Griffin, Conway, Arkansas; Roll: M653_39; Page: 576; Image: 578; Family History Library Film: 803039.
Year: 1870; Census Place: Precinct 3, Dallas, Texas; Roll: M593_1581; Page: 360B; Image: 205; Family History Library Film: 553080.
Year: 1880; Census Place: Precinct 1, Erath, Texas; Roll: 1302; Family History Film: 1255302; Page: 17A; Enumeration District: 149.